Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Gene Therapy in Ophthalmology Update 4: Table of Companies and Institutions Participating

As a followup to the stem cells in ophthalmology table recently published, here is one tabulating the participants using gene therapy in ophthalmology.

When I first wrote about gene therapy in ophthalmology (Gene Therapy for RP and Dry AMD) in November 2010, I began collecting information about the various participants with the thought of writing a Primer, similar to the one I did on stem cells in ophthalmology. At that time, I was able to identify seven companies participating. Since then, and with the help of a few friends, I have now identified nearly thirty companies and institutions using gene therapy approaches to treat ophthalmic diseases. Since I believe access to knowledge is very important, here is the latest version of my table of companies and institutions using gene therapy approaches for treating ophthalmic diseases.

Please let me know of any corrections or omissions.





(An easier to read pdf file of this table is available from the author via email request.)

2 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, what does mean INP Prep?
Thank you

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Irv Arons said...

IND Prep stands for Investigational New Drug application. In other words, the preparation for filing a new drug application.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home