Sunday, December 25, 2005

Menu - Part 1: An Initial List of Potential Postings

A White Paper – The Evolution and Prospects for Laser Refractive Keratoplasty; ADL, September 1989.

This is the first paper I wrote on the potential for (at that time) PRK, that became LASIK. It provides a comprehensive look at the early history of refractive surgery.

Inlays, Onlays, Rings & Things; Ophthalmology Management, May 1990.


An interesting article on various devices that could be used to correct vision other than eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

The State of Medical Lasers and Healthcare in the USSR; Medical Laser Industry Report, October 1990; and Laser Report, December 1990.

In the summer of 1990, my wife and I traveled with Dwight Eisenhower's People to People to the then Soviet Union. I was with a group of medical laser docs, and we visited several hospitals and medical facilities in Moscow, Tbilisi (Soviet Georgia), Kharkov (Ukraine) and Leningrad.

What we saw was eye-opening.

The State of Eyecare in the Soviet Union, Vision Monday August 1990.

I also reported on the state of eyecare in the Soviet Union, especially at the Fyodorov Institute.

I Can See Clearly Now: The High Tech Look of the Future; Ophthalmology Management, February 1991.

This column describes my first look at the scanning laser ophthalmoscope, developed at the Eye Research Institute in Boston, and also confocal microscopy as demonstrated by Dwight Cavanaugh at a research symposium

Injectable IOLs are Possible but Not Probable; Ocular Surgery News, September 1991.

I wrote this piece after learning about the possibility of a fully functional, accommodative, injectable IOL. I also found out how difficult it was going to be to accomplish this.

Oculinum Applications: New Products Occupy Allergan’s Plans for the Future; Ocular Surgery News, April 15, 1992.

This is probably the first writeup about the potential for Botox, which, as you know, is now a big cosmetic hit.

The Outlook for a Laser-based Technique to Cure Psoriasis; ADL, March 1994.

This is a report prepared for a client that discusses the potential for a laser-based cure for psoriasis. I interviewed the experts in the field and wrote up what I learned.

A White Paper – Laser Hair Removal: An Application Whose Time has Come; ADL, October 1996.

Another client-sponsered study, but done on an independent basis. It provides the early history and results of laser hair removal.

As I go through my old computer files, I'm sure I'll find other interesting articles/columns to post.

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi grandpa, it is cool that you now know how to make a blog and i hope it goes well!

from: grandson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home